Image Map

Thursday, August 13, 2015

DOGS!!

Today was a busy, but great day.  We were finally able to pick up Mika & Daisy from quarantine.  In order for your pets to live in Hawaii they have to have a slew of things done and basically have 2 rabbis vaccines and not arrive on the island until 120 after their 2nd rabies shot.  Well, we fell 19 days short.  They are home now and back to their crazy selves.  I am so thankful for the staff there.  I was afraid Mika would come back skin and bone because she is so anxious, but NO!  The guy who took care of her, loved her.  She actually let him in her kennel without even barking.  She looks so good.  Daisy, is actually a lot more sweet to Mika.  D is so happy to have his dogs home.  Ben just loves dogs, so he is pumped too!

 Running.  Today was day 2 of week 1 Couch 25K (with double jogging stroller). I haven't felt this amazing in a long time.  I have run before this and I've worked out, but I haven't felt this way in a while.  I am so much stronger than I thought.  I love that I am setting an example of health & strength for our boys.  I know that D is proud of me and that makes me happy too.  Confession time.  I have let fear grip me.  I have lived in the idea of "what if?"  What if I fail? What if I can't run the whole time?  What if I can't lose any more weight? What if I fail my family? So much negative thought, BUT NO MORE!  We are what are thoughts are.  If I continue to feed myself negative thoughts,  I will get negative results.  God wants good for me and I want good for myself and family.  So, I make it known:
I know God has big plans for me
I know I will be fit and healthy, no matter how long it takes or how many times I fall, I'll pick myself up and go again.
I know that I will help others lives change.  Whether it's health, spiritual, or finances... I will make a difference.
I will make time for my boys and explore this amazing opportunity we've been giving.
I will work hard changing others situations, so that my family's situation can change.
I will work hard to send D to preschool.

I am thankful for this time I have to write this blog.  I know not a lot of people read it and maybe some are bored by it, but I am glad it's mine.  I am glad for those who do read.  I hope you have a great Thursday!

No comments: